tíc is a non-profit association that provides social and educational activities for non-Dutch citizens living in and around Tilburg. Read more About tíc.
Guests are always welcome at any #TilburgInternationalClub event. It’s a great way to get a feel for the club, our members and the types of events you can come to expect as a member. In the past, many of our guests have become members after a full tíc experience!
Many expats feel, even after living in the Netherlands for a longer period of time, never fully welcomed into Dutch society and therefore, never feel an affinity with the culture. A key upside to being a guest of tíc, is getting out to meet locals, learning about the country, better understanding social routines and customs all within a supportive group of individuals and families with like circumstances.
Want to know more about attending a tíc event as a guest? Check out our Guests Welcome page for more details. Have questions or already interested in one of our upcoming events? Just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
We look forward to meeting you!
As part of our Welcome to Tilburg event, over 100 expats were all smiles and full bellies after the Jamie Oliver’s Pizzeria experience in Tilburg.
In Jamie’s own words, “In my pizzerias you’ll find fresh, tasty hand-stretched pizzas that really hit the spot. Our restaurants are a celebration of the Italian way of eating – incredible food served up in a buzzing, warm and relaxed environment.”
Jamie’s pizzerias and restaurants have been steadily expanding internationally, and therefore, is a perfect fit for expats of the tilburg international club coming to Tilburg from around the world. The tilburg international club works hard to organise not only many fun and educational activities for its members, but also, to provide many advantages that make being a member of the club a beneficial additional to their lives abroad.
We are pleased that members of the tilburg international club will receive a 10% discount at Jamie Oliver’s Pizzeria in Tilburg when they show their valid membership card! We hope you plan a visit soon for a taste testing of your favourite pizza.
#Tilburg #Expatlife #JamieOliver #pizzeria
Date: Sunday, 24 February 2019
Place: IJssportcentrum Tilburg, Stappegoorweg 3, Tilburg
Time: 15:00 – 17:00
Cost: €9,50 pp for members
Guests: €14,50 pp for guests (click HERE to see how €5,00 can be pro-rated towards your membership fee)
Register by: 19 February 2019 (registration form below)
Disclaimer: If you cancel after the RSVP date and your place remains unfilled you will be required to pay the full amount.
The Destil (Tilburg) Trappers are a professional ice hockey club based in Tilburg and were founded on 21 October 1938. They were officially recognized by the National Federation on 18 January 1939 and were crowned Eredivisie champions for the first time in the 1946-1947 season. While they have always played in the highest league level in the Netherlands, it offered little competition. Beginning with the 2015-2016 season, the Trappers started playing in the German League, Oberliga Nord. (You can see their season schedule here.) A big celebration was held for the team in the middle of town last year when they finished their 2017-2018 season in 1st place!
This year, we will go see the Destil Trappers vs. Hannover Indians. There are 20 available seats. Tickets will be reserved on a first come first serve basis!! In case you’re wondering, this is a great activity for kids, as well! (The crowd is well behaved and the game is action-packed!!)
More details on when and where exactly to meet will be sent closer to the game itself. After the game, we hope to raise a glass together to celebrate their victory…
#tilburginternationalclub #expatlife #Tilburg #trappers #icehockey
Instagram is a social networking app made for sharing photos and videos from a smartphone. Our own dedicated tíc board member, Estela Highet, makes visiting us on Instagram an eye-opening experience!
The app allows you to share in tíc experiences, often real-time, and get a view into our events.
We have themes going such as “tip Tuesday” to give you the inside scoop on living in the Netherlands.
We also keep you up-to-date on what’s happening in and around Tilburg.
Join us on Instagram for a whole different look into tíc.
Tag us with #tilburginternationalclub and we’ll swing by and visit your account.
We look forward to seeing you on Instagram!
#Expats #Tilburg #Instagram #pictures #tíc
🔝 OUR MISSION
tíc is a non-profit volunteer organization that:
- 🔹 Provides social, educational and networking activities for expatriates and internationals living in Tilburg and the surrounding areas;
- 🔹 Represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- 🔹 Aims to further positive relations among people of different nationalities.
🔝 TIC Fast Facts
- 🔹 tíc hosted an opening reception in March 2008 for international citizens from 29 different countries!
- 🔹 Our official partner is MidPoint Brabant
- 🔹 Our sponsors include Holland Expat Center South (HECS), Tilburg University and P&D Care
- 🔹 Organizations such as Fontys Dance Academy, Tilburg University and Rhenus Logistics have subsidized their employee’s annual dues!
- 🔹Members benefit from our relationships with Jamie Oliver’s Pizzeria in Tilburg, Sligro Tilburg and Theaters Tilburg
- 🔹 Currently, our club has over 100 members from 31 different countries!
- 🔹 A variety of tíc activities are held in and around the center of town and many are free of charge to members.
- 🔹 Our association (“Vereniging”) is a family club, so the annual €50 dues covers partners and children participating in club activities.
- 🔹 Guests are welcome to attend two (2) events as a guest to get a better feel for the club and its members before joining!.
🔝 Expats in Brabant
tíc welcomes non-Dutch citizens, living and/or working in the Netherlands, who would like to:
- 🔹 Join other expats for social and educational activities
- 🔹 Expand personal and business networks
- 🔹 Introduce partners and children to new people in a relaxed and fun social atmosphere
- 🔹 Learn more about the Tilburg, Noord Brabant and the Netherlands
🔛 At home in the Netherlands
tíc can help you feel more at home in the Netherlands. We can help ease your adjustment process to practical tips, advice and information for daily life in the Netherlands and provide you with a social and support network. tíc can be a valuable resource in your “home away from home”.
#Tilburg #Expat #Membership # Mission #Brabant