Started in March of 2008, the Tilburg International Club has already hosted many activities to meet the needs and wishes of its international members living in and around the area of Tilburg. Our members join us from around the world, 30 different countries and counting! We try to provide information, activities and events that support and enhance the experiences of our expat member families while living in the Netherlands, whether they are here short-term or indefinitely!
As a member of TIC, you will be entitled to participate in a variety of events and activities especially geared toward expats living in Holland. Here are just a few of our diverse activities:
- Special topic educational lectures featuring expert guest speakers
- Book club
- Day trips to various destinations around the country
- Workshops in a fun, social atmosphere
- Monthly happy hours at different bars and/or restaurants around town
- Annual events including our Welcome to Tilburg co-sponsored event, Holiday Dinner, Christmas Cookie workshop and TICnic (picnic)
- Special Interest Groups (SIG): Movie Night
Joining the club also means, you have a built-in social, business and cultural network. It is a group in which you will find fun, support, friendship and information about Tilburg, Brabant and the Netherlands. In addition, TIC is proud to offer its members:
- networking and socializing opportunities with other internationals,
- participation in book discussion club and lectures as well as first drinks at the monthly borrels at no cost,
- tours and day trips to other cities and attractions offered at a very attractive price,
- Access to Sligro (volume shopping store), located at Ringbaan Zuid. (Read more about it in TIC Newsletter Issue 9.)
- a welcome gift of a “TIC” umbrella (you can never have too many umbrellas in this town!) in addition to the Touch of Tilburg book produced by the city of Tilburg. This is a compilation of history, local interest, restaurant & entertainment guide and much more!
- TIC newsletter every other month (September through June)
- TIC welcome gift
All members receive a copy of our Membership Directory, a membership card and the TIC Constitution and By-Laws.
Who Can Join?
Regular membership is open to non-Dutch citizens at least 18 years of age.
You may apply for Associate membership* if you are a Dutch citizen (single nationality) with a strong connection to the international community.
*Admission is subject to TIC board approval.
What are the Club Dues?
€50,00 Regular membership per Club year
€50,00 Associate membership per Club year
Membership includes you, your partner and your children. Dues may only be paid by bank transfer to TIC’s Rabobank account NL53 RABO 0109 1678 48. *(A supplemental fee may be required for some TIC events for associated costs such as guides, admission, food, etc.)
Some employers pay the TIC annual dues to support the integration of their international staff. We would be more than happy to help navigate this process with your employer.
Tilburg University pays the annual dues for all their international employees (including international PhDs) for their first 2 years of membership.
You are always welcome to attend a maximum of two (2) events as a guest (Read More about attending a TIC event as a guest) to get a better feel for our club, activities and membership. This is a great way meet some of the TIC Board members, other international club members and to learn more about the club in a relaxed, social atmosphere!
How Do I Join?
Questions? Contact us!
Please use the form below to contact us with any questions you might have regarding membership. We hope the TIC will become a rewarding addition to your life in Tilburg!