TIC is a not-for-profit volunteer organization that:
- provides social, educational and networking activities for expatriates and internationals living in Tilburg and the surrounding area;
- represents the international community to local governmental bodies; and
- aims to further amicable relations among people of different nationalities.
Tilburg International Club (TIC) verwelkomt en ondersteunt internationale leden en biedt ze steun door het verstrekken van informatie en het organiseren van sociale, culturele en maatschappelijke activiteiten. Onze vele verschillende activiteiten maken het mogelijk voor leden om hun belangen te ontwikkelen en in een multi-nationale gemeenschap deel te nemen.
TIC Fast Facts
- TIC hosted an opening reception in March 2008 for 100 international citizens from 29 different countries!
- Some of TIC’s major sponsors include the City of Tilburg (Gemeente Tilburg), the Chamber of Commerce (Kamer van Koophandel), Brabant Development Agency (Brabantse Ontwikkelings Maatschappij, BOM) and Tilburg University
- We have 75 (family) members from 31 different countries!
- Many TIC activities are held in the center of town and most are free of charge to members.
- Some organizations such as Fontys Dance Academy, TiasNimbus and Tilburg University have subsidized their employee’s annual dues!
- Our association (“Vereniging”) is a family club, so the annual €50 dues covers each member of the family including partners and children, to participate in club activities.
- Prospective members are welcome to attend two (2) events as a guest to get a better feel for the club before joining!
At Home in Brabant
TIC welcomes non-Dutch citizens, living and/or working in the Netherlands, who would like to
• Join other expats for social and educational activities
• Meet and get to know other expatriates in the area
• Have his/her partner and/or children meet new people in a relaxed and fun social atmosphere
• Learn more about the Tilburg, Noord Brabant and the Netherlands
TIC can help you feel more at home in the Netherlands. From easing your adjustment process to practical tips, advice and information for daily life in the Netherlands to providing you with a social and support network, TIC can be a valuable resource in your “home away from home”.
TIC currently has 5 Board positions, President, Treasurer, Secretary, Event Coordinator and Membership Development. Click here to meet the TIC Board Members!