We have a wonderful trip planned to take advantage of the milder weather and hope you will join us for what is sure to be a very fun day!
10:30 – 12:00 Visit the Mauritshuis Museum. It is a short walk from the train station to the museum. You will have 1½ hours to wander through this gem of a museum (the focus of our April 4th AGM/Art evening!),
10:30 – 12:00 Visit the Escher Museum. Also just a short walk from the train station.
12:00 – 13:00 After the museum visit, we will meet and walk to a well-known local lunch spot.
13:00 – 15:00 After lunch, we will have a leisurely stroll over the Plein and Binnenhof (where the modern and historic government buildings are located) along the Hofvijver, Lange Voorhout and the King’s working palace: Paleis Noordeinde. We will visit the small but spectacular Panorama Mesdag museum which allows one to “visit” the fishing village/bath area of Scheveningen as it was in 1881.
15:00 – 16:00 Our planned activities will end at the Visitors Center of the Peace Palace where those interested can view a modern exhibition and impressive film which gives a 35-40 minute introduction to the founding history of the Peace Palace and to the juridical institutions based there.
16:00. From here on, there are a number of different options:
- take the tram to the beach area of Scheveningen for a walk in the sand, shopping or a drink & dinner at one of the many café/restaurants.
- walk or take the tram back into the city center for shopping, wining and dining.
- walk or take the tram back to the station/car park to return to Tilburg
We look forward to having you along with us on this fun day trip!
Included in cost:
- lunch (soup of the day, 3 soft rolls pp with a variety of fillings, fresh fruit salad and coffee/tea/soda or juice)
- audio guide to the Panorama Mesdag
- entrance and audio guide to the visitors center of the Peace Palace
- planned and guided day through the city
- maps and information for the 3 end options. ☺
What is not included in cost:
- Train fare to The Hague (round trip: €33 full fare, €19.80 with reduction card)
- Entrance to the Museums unless you have a Museumcard: (Mauritshuis = €15.50, Escher = €9.50, Panorama Mesdag = €10). Entrance to the Mautitshuis and Panorama Mesdag are free if you have a Museumcard.
Museumcard: If you are unfamiliar with the Museumcard, it is a fabulous thing! It costs €59.90 for 1 year and gives free, unlimited admission to over 400 museums in the Netherlands! It can be purchased at both the Mauritshuis and the Panorama Mesdag for immediate use. Read more about the Museumcard.